Monday 27 July 2015

Character Creation

Allow me to tell you a little bit about myself.  A little more in depth than that the little box on the right of the page can tell you.

Three years and three month ago, a little crazy bundle of energy (From here on out will be known as P-MAN was born and blessed my wife and I with the beginnings of the amazing adventure of parenthood.

I can't say that am the most easy going parent.  I will be the first one to say that I helicopter a little but more than maybe other parents.  I like to think that I am merely playing with my little guy, but if I am being entirely truthful, it's mostly because I can't bear the thought of him hurting himself. I think I'm getting better, but I still keep him in my peripheral vision when we are out and about.

My wife and I are expecting baby two in January.  We had been trying, and were successful on the first go around.  It's too bad, really.  I really liked trying for a baby. I never expected to get it right on the first go around.

I am the oldest of two children.  My sister, three years younger than I am, lives in Manitoba with her two children and husband.

I have always been a bit on the nerdy side. Gaming, comic reading, fantasy and sci-fi loving; I gravitated to these things early on in life. I  am not a supernerd, but I do hold my own in conversation. I definitely can't name all the Soul Gems on the Infinity Gauntlet off the top of my head, but I know at least three of them (Soul, Mind, Power(?)) I listen to metal music, though I look nothing like a metal head. I enjoy a good cry every now and then, and 

I am a videographer by trade, with some skill sets in editing and post production.  I have a pretty good job where I enjoy the work.  Like every job, there are a few things I could do without, but this is a positive post, so I'll leave that for another time.

I met my wife 7 years ago online.  We went on our first date for coffee, and I was hooked from then on.  I'm pretty sure I drive her bonkers, but she loves me.  That's the best part.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm going to try to use this blog as a dumping ground for my thoughts and adventures with P-Man and soon to be Baby Dos. Hopefully, I can foster some conversation from other fathers, obtain advice, suggestions, and some tips.

I won't get too heavy, but some posts might be. I'm not really a serious dude, so I'm going to keep the tone of this place as light as I can.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment