Monday 26 September 2016

Scroll of Resurrection

This past weekend, as per usual, I wrote about my kid. (Now kids, because as of my last post almost a year ago, we added another mouth to the guild.) I had every good intention of maintaining a blog about leveling up in fatherhood with my kids, but sheer laziness overcame motivation, and I dropped off the face of the earth in terms of writing.

After spending twenty minutes or so penning about how proud I was that my son had stepped out of his comfort zone, which I will repost at the bottom of this entry, I realized that writing was something I enjoyed outside of all the other things I enjoy. As such, I am again endeavoring to restart this bad boy.

So, where to begin to updating my limited readership? Those who aren't my facebook friends already, here's the rundown:

- DECEMBER 30th: We welcomed a little girl to the family. Having two kids is definitely an adventure, and is really helping me appreciate families with more kids than we have.

- APRIL 25th: My son turned 4. Already. The passage of time is just too obvious these days. From a small baby to a full fledged hilarious little being. Right now, we're all about Angry Birds, Going to the Park (Still), Preschool, Hot Wheels, and just teaching him about the world. I forget that there are things that He has NEVER seen before, so I get to see these things again through his eyes. It's amazing. Also, he pretends to force-choke me when he's mad, so that's hilarious.

JUNE 17th: I'm now a 36 year old 12 year old. I got my first two tattoos, I am trying to read through as many comics and fantasy novels as I can, trying to raise two kids right, and maintaining my steady job and sanity. All of those are not mutually exclusive.

AUGUST 28th: My wife and I celebrated out 6th anniversary this year. She is definitely the Mario to me being Luigi in our marriage. Without her, I would be a lonely plumber stuck vacuuming ghosts in the haunted mansion of life.

Which kind of brings us to now. I will be taking a two month parental leave in November, which I am really looking forward to. I know the way it's going to go in my head is probably not the way it will go in reality, but we will see.

Finally, I can't promise an update as often as once a week, but I do need a repository for my parenting thoughts. Plus, maybe a dialogue with other parents. A guild, if you will...

No comments:

Post a Comment